When facing criminal charges, you need a top-rated attorney on your side.
Neal Davis is a criminal defense attorney located in Houston, Texas, handling State and federal cases across Texas and the United States. For over 25 years , he has defended clients in all types of matters, including arguing before the Texas Criminal Court of Appeals and appearing as counsel in a landmark U.S. Supreme Court case involving the Fifth Amendment. His clients come from all walks of life, and face all kinds of charges. He has represented everyone from a Grammy award-winning musician falsely accused of rape (charges declined) to a politician accused of abuse of official capacity (dismissed) to an executive accused of fraud involving a loss of approximately $150 million (no charges filed). He handles state and federal criminal matters from the investigation phase through appeal. Most frequently, he defends against sex crimes, computer offenses, family violence crimes, homicide, intoxication offenses, fraud, white collar offenses, and federal crimes.
Neal’s client reviews attest to the level of service and attention he gives his clients, and the results he has achieved in their cases. He is particularly proud of his track record of quietly resolving criminal matters successfully before charges are filed or the case goes to trial. Because of Neal’s excellent reputation, fellow attorneys often refer clients to him.
Before opening his law firm, Neal worked as a lawyer for more than ten years with Texas criminal defense legend Dick DeGuerin. In 2019, his colleagues elected him to a one-year term as President of the Harris County Criminal Lawyers Association, which has over 500 lawyers as members, making it among the largest criminal defense organizations in the United States.
Neal’s qualifications, client service, and record of success have consistently placed him among the top-rated criminal defense lawyers in the United States. He is among a very small percentage of attorneys who are Board Certified in Criminal Law (2009-2023) by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, AV Rated by Martindale Hubbell (2015-2023), and listed as a Best Lawyer in America (2015-2023) in two areas—criminal law and white collar crime. His cases have garnered national and international media attention, and he has appeared as a commentator on CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, Univision, and other media outlets. He has frequently lectured to other attorneys, as well as published several articles in major legal publications, on various criminal law topics.
- 25+ years expertise
- Handled over 1,000 state and federal cases, including sex crimes
- Appeared before the U.S. Supreme Court
- Board Certified, Criminal Law – Texas Board of Legal Specialization 2009-2023
- Listed as a Best Lawyer in America 2015-2023
- Texas Super Lawyer 2011-2023
- 5-star ratings on Google and Avvo 2013-2023
- Listed as a Best Lawyer in America and Best Law Firm in America in White Collar and Criminal Defense 2017-2023
- Rated AV (highest rating) by Martindale Hubbell 2015-2023
- Proven track record of dismissals before trial and acquittals at trial
- Speaker and published author on criminal law topics
- President of the Harris County Criminal Lawyers Association, 2019-2023
University of Texas at Austin
Doctor of Jurisprudence/Juris Doctor (J.D.)
University of Southern California
B.A. in Spanish/Comparative Literature
State Bar of Texas, 1999
Texas Board of Legal Specialization Certification, 2009 Criminal Law
Lawyer at DeGuerin & Dickson, 1999-2010
Houston Steering Committee of the University of Texas School of Law
Dad’s Club, St. Vincent de Paul Catholic School, Bellaire, Texas
- Board Certified, Criminal Law
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization 2009-2023
- AV Rated Attorney by Martindale-Hubbell 2015-2023
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America 2015-2023
- Listed in Best Law Firms in America 2017-2023
- Listed in Texas Super Lawyers 2011-2023
Serving Houston and all Texas Counties, including
- Houston, Texas (Harris County)
- Conroe, Texas (Montgomery County)
- Galveston, Texas (Galveston County)
- Richmond, Texas (Fort Bend County)
Neal Davis is a native Houstonian. He majored in Spanish as an undergraduate at the University of Southern California, and spent part of his childhood in Mexico. He graduated from the University of Texas School of Law in Austin, Texas, and became licensed to practice law in Texas in 1999.
Neal is married and has two young children. When he is not spending time with his family or defending his clients, Neal lectures on criminal law. He is a longtime scholarship contributor to college students around the United States who are interested in criminal justice. Neal is also in the 5+ Tier of Longhorn Loyal for his contributions to the University of Texas. He has published numerous legal articles, and is often called on by the media for expert commentary.
A Criminal Defense Lawyer You Can Trust
Have you or a loved one been seriously injured or killed in an accident?
On top of his criminal defense law practice, Neal Davis also handles certain civil matters relating to Texas personal injury cases. In particular, he focuses on helping secure rightful compensation for victims of a catastrophic accident, semi-truck accident, traumatic brain injury, wrongful death or any other devastating and debilitating injury. Contact Neal Davis to learn more.