The short and truthful answer to “How much will this cost?” is: it depends.
Nothing is worse than being charged with a sex crime — especially when a minor is the complainant. These crimes inspire such public outrage that the accusation alone can devastate a defendant's reputation and livelihood. Prosecutors are extremely aggressive in these cases and will avoid dismissing the charges unless a defense attorney gives them no other choice.
Sex cases, especially involving children, require a defense lawyer with knowledge, experience, and skill. At the Neal Davis Law Firm, we are experienced in taking on these cases, conducting a careful investigation, and countering aggressive prosecution strategies. We have even trained other attorneys on defense strategies, such how to uncover evidence that complainant is not credible, how to position a cases for dismissal, and the most effective way to cross-examine a complainant at trial.
"This man saved my life from false imprisonment. Neal's belief in 'liberty and justice for all' as laid out in the Constitution of the United States, and especially as that principle relates to constitutional rights regarding the receipt of a fair trial, coupled with his refusal to quit fighting, are attributes of a noble spirit and a man of high character. When I interviewed Neal to defend me against very serious false accusations and criminal charges that followed, his candor about what I was up against and his real interest in my general welfare made choosing him to defend me a 'no brainer.' Hiring Neal after hearing Dick DeGuerin say 'Neal is a real fighter' was the best decision I could have made and this was after interviewing a number of attorneys. He cares about people, truth, and justice; an attorney who will not give up; a man who will defend the rights of anyone accused of a crime with every fiber of his being to ensure fairness and the protection of our legal rights."
We know that bad things happen to good people. Sex allegations are easy to make and often false. We believe that everyone has the right to discretion and an expert defense. We are proud of our record of success obtaining no-bills (where the grand jury refuses to indict), dismissals, and reversals in these cases—even difficult ones involving multiple complainants. Just a few examples:
- CHARGE DECLINED for a businessman investigated for indecency with a child by contact
- CHARGES DECLINED for an executive investigated for aggravated sexual assault of two complainants
- CHARGE NO-BILLED for a student charged with sexual assault of a child
- CASE DISMISSED for a hospital administrator charged with aggravated sexual assault of a child
- CASE DISMISSED on the eve of trial for a retired city employee charged with indecency with a child by contact
- CASE DISMISSED for a military man in his early 20s who had a relationship with a high school student
- CASES WON for client facing two different complainants
- CONVICTION REVERSED on appeal followed by COMPLETE DISMISSAL for a client charged with indecency with a child by contact